If you have undergone Laser treatment, please carefully read the following instructions:
Once you leave our institute, your recovery will be primarily your responsibility. Please refer to your “Discharge Instructions” for your specific guidelines.
Your vision will be filled with bright colors (eg. red, green, purple) for 15-20 minutes, but your vision will return shortly.
Recommendations for the next 3 days:
- For the next few days, it is advised that you take it easy in order to let the eye recover.
- Avoid strenuous activities. Walk instead of running/jogging. Lift lighter weights. Cycle indoors instead of outdoors.
- When watching TV, watch a small TV from a distance to minimize eye movements.
- Avoid rapid movement of the eyes. This includes heavy reading and heavy computer usage.
- If you experience mild discomfort following your laser treatment, this can usually be eased with acetaminophen (Tylenol).
Please call the office immediately if there is any decrease in vision, increase in flashes or floaters (more than usual), loss of peripheral vision, or distortion of your central vision.
The laser does not treat the flashes and/or floaters that you may already be experiencing. They may still exist after surgery. However, if there are any NEW symptoms please call to let us know.